Liz began running in 2006 during her high school career that developed into a passion for learning about athletics, nutrition, health, and wellness. This passion led her to triathlons in late 2011 while earning her undergraduate degree at the University of North Texas. She began coaching as a Masters swim coach and an age group swim coach before coaching and managing full-time with KMF Performance in Denton County, working with adult and youth athletes. She now engages with athletes through private lessons, online training plans, and leads high school and middle school triathlon and running clubs. Liz holds multiple certifications including USA Triathlon Level I, U.S. Masters Swim Level I & II, USA Swimming, and a 200+ hour yoga certification with Yoga Alliance.
During her triathlon coaching experience, Liz successfully leads her athletes to first-time finishes in sprint to 140.6 mile distance races, placing in top age group and top overall gender positions. She consistently strives to provide high quality training that improves not only athletic performance, but also encourages an active lifestyle and competitive spirit. Her athletes continue to achieve their training and race goals under her guidance while at the same time enjoying the experiences.
Major Athletic Achievements
- 2016 ITU Long Course World Championship Qualifier
- 2016 ITU Age Group Aquathlon World Championship Qualifier
- 2015 ITU Age Group Sprint World Championship Qualifier
- 2015 Legend Triathlon-Free State 70.3 – 2nd Place F20-24
- 2014 IRONMAN Louisville and 2013 IRONMAN Texas Finisher
- 2014 IRONMAN 70.3 New Orleans – 3rd Place F20-24